Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Transition Stages - Trimming My Ends…

Ok, so my last post was my first video email on my journey back to natural. I tried a transition style that turned out great on the first day, but my bright idea for maintaining the style for the next day was a complete FAIL. I don’t see how I can maintain this style for more than a couple of days without having to wash my hair and start over. Maybe I’ll run across a video or two on maintaining it.

















I concluded by saying that I would start by trimming my ends.

So, here is a before and after.









I think the style is cute, but the problem is, I have to blow dry and fry (flat iron), or air dry and fry in order to get this look (which includes frying my new growth). In order to maintain this style, I would have to wrap my hair, and I hate wrapping my hair (I have sensory issues and I get a headache trying to sleep with a scarf wrapped around my head). With the humidity in our area, I end up with my new growth returning to its natural state and the relaxed hair dropping down to a floppy mess in a matter of minutes, which completely ruins the style. I think I’m getting closer to a BC. I mentioned it to my husband who said I would just go back to perming my hair when I got tired of the natural look. As I said, I've been here before. I start by taking off two inches, and then another two, and then another two, and the next thing you know, I've done MY OWN BC. Then I'm running around looking for a barber to clean up MY mess! I'm sure my husband will continue to remind me of this fact as I continue this journey.

I think I'll take off a another inch or two next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment