Thursday, August 2, 2012

It Started With A Visit To My Doctor

A couple of definitions:

Natural -- something that occurs in conformity with the ordinary course of nature.  

Expression -- an act, process, or instance of representing oneself. 

Well, that sounds like a good way to start a blog, but what does it really mean to me?

I started on this natural journey for health reasons.  I needed to change my diet in an attempt to prevent a LIFETIME of prescription drugs with some pretty nasty side effects.  So I convinced my doctor, while she was in the middle of writing the prescriptions, to give me 90 days.  I told her I wanted to try a "plant-based" diet to see if I could reverse my condition (I saw this diet on PBS, but more on that later).   As I began to embrace (yes, it was definitely something I had to learn to embrace) this plant-based healthier way of eating food prepared as close to the way it most naturally occurs and expresses itself, I began to look at other areas in my life that needed a "natural expression" overhaul.

So, where do I start?

1 comment:

  1. You have a very good doctor! She listens to your concerns, and doesn’t stop you from trying the plant-based diet. Other doctors would not allow it, and instead prescribe you expensive medicines that you might not actually need. Oh, you should start with naturally cleansing the body. Your newfound diet will surely help you do that. Good luck!

    Chalice Lindgren

    ReplyDelete