Sunday, September 9, 2012

I LOST EVERYTHING!! HAS THAT EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?

A couple of years ago I purchased a very nice notebook computer. It was so small and compact that I could fit it in my purse. I loved it! Well, I began to save files, photos, presentations, home movies, and tons of genealogy data I had collected for my family tree. I found birth certificates, death certificates, marriages licenses, all with valuable data that I was using to help my family find out where we came from; our heritage. I saved hours and hours of research on that little computer. Well one morning I was enjoying a nice cup of coffee while working on my computer. Can you guess what happened? One wrong move of my hand and the entire cup of coffee spilled all over my laptop. I tried to dry it out, but it was no use. I disassembled the computer and took out the hard drive hoping to buy the necessary cables to see if I could salvage the data.... I LOST EVERYTHING! I just found a great program for backing up my computer, and I want to share it with my readers. You can try it for free, and upgrade if you need more space. It's called MyPCBackup. It could have signed up for two years for $4.95 per month, but that required up front payment. so I opted for the $7.95 per month version because it had the space I needed to backup my computer and I could pay by the month. The service is great! It backs up my files everyday. I know, because I log in to their system to check on my files. I will never lose anything again! Try it for free!



By the way, I'm still holding onto the drive hoping that someday someone will come up with a way to salvage the data....

No comments:

Post a Comment